Tuesday 3 January 2017

Locations

RAF Upwood














This is my primary choice of location for the scene that involves psychotic hallucinations. It is my first choice because it is closer than my secondary choice and features a large variety of small and abandoned houses, and most likely requires permission from the gate in order to get in. Getting my cast member and equipment to this location would be a lot easier. The filming can easily take place outside of the abandoned buildings as well as inside because it looks slightly unpleasing from the outside as well, featuring an abandoned tank which could easily link to the destructive emotions. This location is mostly used for paintball games and airsoft practices which isn't threatening as the site is quite large and spaced out. However, since this place has a lot of open space, there are no forests available for some scenes that I want to shoot. Therefore, I will have to improvise and shoot a forest scene near school premises.

This place would be best case scenario, as it has nice interior and even a tank outside of the buildings (as seen on the image above). However, this place might have a lot of extremely colourful graffiti drawings. Since I don't want to have a 'colourful' happy mood in my trailer, I will turn the saturation down during editing. Additionally, this is a great place to plan out some cinematographic shots using compositional techniques I've learnt and adapted




RAF North Witham 

If somehow, I am unable to get to the first location RAF North Witham  is a back-up place to shoot the scene with an abandoned building. The building looks suitable but there are difficulties getting there because it is further away than the first location meaning that there would be more difficulties transporting equipment and cast members since I cannot drive yet. However, if I do get to shoot in this location, I would use this opportunity to shoot the "woods" scene because there are a lot more trees here rather than the first location because the first location has too much open space. 

There might be difficulties to get into the building, because we would have to climb the tires in order to get inside of the building. Not to mention, there might be problems with the lighting because we do not have necessary equipment such as a generator or a plug socket in order to power up lighting equipment. Additionally, If we did take lighting equipment, there would be problems with transporting them safely and setting them up considering risks and hazards of light equipment. Therefore, it needs to be a light part of the day in order to get the best lighting possible 



Woods (Nearby): Near school there are woods which would be fitting for my trailer at the beginning. Since there will be only few shoots of woods, this location isn't as important. I will be filming woods in RAF North Witham if my initial location fails.


School Hall (piano): 

since I wanted to feature a calm sound track at the beginning of the trailer, I've decided to have a video clip of my protagonist playing on the piano. The school piano looks traditional and has a nice colour palette, it also sounds quite natural and is located in an open space where I could create an interesting mood

No comments:

Post a Comment