Tuesday 3 January 2017

Costume and Props

The main costume for my protagonist has to look innocent and 'girly' in order to 'confuse' the viewers. My idea is to get a flow dress as seen in examples below, preferably white because white connotes to intelligence, clenliness and purity. However, any other pastel or light colour would suit my idea.



The minimum length of the dress has to be below the hand, the maximum length of the dress is preferred to be up to the knee. I also prefer the dress to be in a plain colour or have a flowery pattern.  Additionally, I want the dress to look casual and have a 'flowy' bottom rather than a solid and straight bottom. For the upper part, 'spaghetti straps' or sleeves up to the elbow would be fitting. Out of these four examples, I believe that the pink one appears to be the most 'innocent' looking one because it reminds me of the vintage style. Additionally, Pink, a delicate color that means sweet, nice, playful, cute, romantic, charming, feminine, and tenderness. It is associated with bubble gum, flowers, babies, little girls, cotton candy, and sweetness which is the complete opposite of what my protagonist is. 

I've discussed the outfit with my cast member, and we decided to use a white dress which fits perfectly with my idea (as seen on the left hand side). 



The hairstyle of the protagonist can be simple and natural as the hairstyle does not affect the plot. If anything, no hairstyle can add to the 'creepy' scenes by making it similar to the character from a film called "The Ring". 


Any type of comfortable plain shoes would fit well with the outfit and the character. However, boots, slippers, sneakers and high heels are not something I would include in my trailer because it wouldn't fit with my outfit or would not make sense. Slip-ons/ flats would be the best shoes to use for my trailer. The outfit could have black or see through tights. If the actress does not have these types of shoes, white 'vans' could be used with the outfit making the character look more original. 



The only limitation in my planed outfit is that I will be filming in winter, my cast member might get cold so I'll make sure to bring a jacket and a white scarf just in case even though I would prefer the outfit to stay consistent throughout the trailer.  



Make up at the start of the trailer:



at the beginning of the trailer, the main character could have natural make up such as lip gloss, foundation and mascara to highlight the characters natural facial features enhancing her 'pure' appearance. I will be using products like a highlighter, foundation, mascara, lip gloss, bronzer and blush for this look.







Make up at the end of the trailer:

The second part of my trailer will feature the protagonist with a 'tired' look such as these images on each side. I want to show her distress not only mentally but also physically. I will achieve this look using a highlighter, blue, purple and red eye shadows, blush using make up brushes of various sizes. I will mess up the hair but not make it greasy (similarly to the image on the left). 



Additional Costume: For the therapist costume on another cast member, can be anything that looks professional and smart such as a sweater vest or a blazer. The costume a person wearing a mask would wear could be a plain top with sleeves. 


Additional Props: 

Blood - I've bought blood props during the Halloween season, a blood spray can and blood droplets so they can be splattered on the character or around the scene. 

Latex Monster Mask - I've bought the mask using the budget that I've been provided with before Halloween so the prices would be lower, around that time scary decorations and props have sales. The mask will be used in few scenes at the end of the trailer to create suspense and make it more interesting.  The mask needs to be worn by a man that is tall and has a 'big' body because the head is over sized making it look weird anatomically if it is worn by someone small and skinny. 





Pills:  There will be a scene where the protagonist will get prescribed drugs. I am going to use medicine tablets and remove the label of it to avoid copyright and confusion.


 Transparent Peel-Off Mask: This will be used for a skin picking scene, the transparency of this mask looks like dry skin when it is peeled so it will add an interesting hallucinatory effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment